Backed by ample experience in Functional Medicine, Coach Scout Lennon inspires and motivates clients to create personalized happy and healthy lifestyles to improve their health and livelihoods.
To do so, Coach Scout co-creates health plans that initiate excitement in clients and sets realistic expectations with mindfulness and kindness at the center of each goal. In the process, Coach Scout focuses on the following:
- Identifying the values of each individual client
- Creating awareness around personal decisions
- Helping clients turn thoughts into actions
A Passion to Help Others
Throughout college, Coach Scout remained dedicated to creating wellness programs that incorporate mindfulness, exercise and physical activity, and nutrition. While some doubted her ability to connect her passions and her Exercise Science degree, Scout continued to push to achieve her goals. When Coach Scout found health coaching, she was inspired to merge Functional Medicine and her ability to coach others towards happier, healthier lives by rewriting and reframing their health stories.
A Personal Experience
In 2015, near her college graduation, Coach Scout suffered the worst health conditions of her life due to severe stress about what she would do following her education. The severity of her anxieties attributed to a seizure caused by brain bleed. After a lengthy hospital stay and multiple brain MRI’s and CT scans, she was diagnosed with a brain cavernoma. While she was fortunate to not suffer long-term damage to her physical health, the entire experience served as a huge wake up call to make a lifestyle change.
Hobbies and Passions
Outside of health coaching, Coach Scout enjoys numerous outdoor activities such as beach volleyball, hiking, and playing with her dog, and other hobbies such as cooking, yoga, and reading up on the newest studies related to functional medicine.
- Completed 12-Month Program for formal Health Coaching
- Completed final Practical Skills Assessment for Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- Two years of experience working with certified Functional Medicine practitioner
- Two years coaching patients with a variety of chronic diseases related to brain health, gut health, thyroid health, and autoimmune diseases.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, Emphasis in Sport Performance
California Lutheran University
- National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach
International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC)